Carate – Sirena – Jiménez 2 Days, 1 Night🇺🇸from
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
• Rain Boots (winter season)
• Small Backpack
• Re-usable Water Bottle
• A Towel
• Hiking Boots (summer season)
• Sunblock or a Hat
• A Change of Clothe
• Fast Dry Clothing, or Comfy Clothing
• Insect Repellent or Long Sleeved shirts and pants
Warning: Non-reusable water bottles are banned
• Certified Bilingual Guide (English/Spanish)
• 1st Day – Lunch and Dinner
• 2nd Day – Breakfast
• Lodging in Sirena Biological Station (1 Night)
• Admissions to Corcovado National Park
• Vehicle transport from Puerto Jimenez to Carate and boat transport from Sirena to Puerto Jimenez
Does not include
• Breakfast the first day
• Lunch the second day
• Beverages or snacks
MEETING POINT: Monar Bakery
MEETING TIME: 05:00 am
You will meet your guide at Monar Bakery at 5:00am, the guide will meet you there to take the vehicle transport together to Carate. You will have 15 minutes to buy breakfast and lunch for the hike or snacks.
The drive to Carate lasts approximately two hours, with some stops on the way to see wildlife! Once in Carate, you will walk for an hour until you get to La Leona Station; there, you will have 10 minutes to sign the visitor’s book, use the restroom, refill your water bottles and then start the hike to Sirena.
The path to Sirena is about 7-9 hours on a flat trail parallel to the beach. The pace of the hike will depend on the tides, since you have to cross beaches and rivers.
Once at Sirena station, you will get the chance to take a shower, have dinner, and then go to sleep.
On the second day, you will wake up early in the morning to explore some of the various trails, or you can just relax on the beach; then around 11:30am you will return to the station to get your luggage and start walking to the beach to take the boat transport that leaves at 12:30pm to go back to Puerto Jiménez arriving at around 2:00pm.