It’s in our nature to take care of you!
As 2019 begins, we are pleased to share with you an overview of the efforts made by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) in the past six months to make your destination safer.
The tourism security strategy included videos on prevention and a campaign that makes Ticos aware and to teach new generations the value of protecting each other.
We feel a great commitment to our clients, which is why we joined the work of the ICT.
We know that it is an effort of all, the tourist security!
Effective communication is indispensable; we wish to offer a clear and precise message. If you have any question contact us. It is very important to dedicate a few minutes to the topic of preventive tourist security before traveling to any destination.
Studying your destination, prior to your arrival, is necessary to have a good experience. Costa Rica is a very safe country; however, taking preventive measures is indispensable.
Tourist security actions…
Preventive Tourist Security, Rent A Car
- Look for a reputable company. In Costa Rica we are focused on tourism security. For suggestions please contact us.
- Make your reservation ahead time. It is important to rent the vehicle before arriving in the country, so you can get better prices and choose options according to your preferences. If you wait till you are in the country, you risk not getting the car you want.
- It must be taken into account; the number of passengers, the size of luggage and the place to be visited, some roads have special conditions where you must drive a 4×4 vehicle.
- Make sure the final price includes taxes, obligatory insurance and other amount depending on the type of vehicle.
- Read the contract before signing and verify that it includes what is offered and accepted.
- Thoroughly check the vehicle before leaving the agency, confirm that it has the agreed conditions and bring the basic and necessary equipment for emergencies. Take pictures if the car is damaged, the evidence is important, for any misunderstanding.
- In Costa Rica is very important the tourist security, the laws of traffic are very rigorous, take into account the use of car seats or boosters, if you take children, the use of the belt is obligatory and you should not park at yellow lined curbs. The highways have many curves and diverse conditions, drive with caution.
Preventive Tourist Security, Rip currents
The Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) has developed strategies to mark 100 beaches with new signs, which provide national and foreign tourists with information about rip currents. The initiative included new signage and changing of badly damaged signs. It is important to put recyclables and refuse in the proper containers.
- If you don’t know how to swim, enter the sea with the water up to your waist, be very cautious, don’t trust the sea, many deaths occur due to overconfidence.
- Keep children in sight at all times, they should never be near water alone.
- Investigate the beach you are going to visit. Reading the sea can save the life of you and your family.
- Large rocks on the beach and docks generate currents.
- The structure of the beach also influences conditions. If where the waves are formed there is a sand bar parallel to the beach and has a break this causes rip currents.
Preventive Tourist Security, Robberies on busses and beaches
One way to prevent burglaries is to get information from local people, they can tell what the danger signs are, what places to avoid and what time it is best not to leave.
- Always look around you, a study reveals that people who are alert to their environment suffer less theft.
- Do not walk in solitary places.
- Don’t act like a victim, even if you’re afraid or distrustful, it shows insecurity.
- Do not display valuables in public places.
- Do not put your mobile phone on the tables, back pockets of your trousers.
- Bags should never be hung on chairs.
- Use hotel safes. For suggestions please contact us.
- Keep your passport in a safe place, take photocopies with you if you need to show it. Scan your personal documents, in the cloud in your email account. It will be easier to identify yourself if you have to deal with any document in a theft situation.
Preventive Tourist Security, Airport Taxis
- Talking to the taxi driver; studies have shown that taxi drivers, who have a conversation with their customers get involved in fewer criminal situations. Be careful what you talk about, no personal or family information.
- Ask the amount before getting into the taxi and make sure you have the cash. A taxi should never take you to the ATM.
- Trust your instincts, if something makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, don’t get in the cab.
- Look at the badge and information card, you could also make a phone call to a friend or family member.
Surcos Tours works, so that our clients have a trip with good experiences, our priority is to transmit the importance of the preventive tourist security. Contact us and book now!